Agency: Office of the State Treasurer / Division of Unclaimed Property
Salary: $40,00 - $46,000 – depending on experience & qualifications
Pay Grade: Exempt
Closing Date: Open until Filed
The Office of the State Treasurer is currently seeking applicants for the position of an Outreach Manager for its Unclaimed Property Division. This position will be responsible for planning and executing public events that engage citizens and their awareness of unclaimed property in South Dakota. This position will act an Outreach-Media Coordinator to educate about the importance of returning or reporting unclaimed funds. The purpose of this position is to ensure that unclaimed properties is returned to the rightful owner in compliance with SDCL 43-41B.
The duties of this position include:
- Knowledge of the state’s unclaimed property laws and regulations;
- Foster a work environment to continuously improve on service and practice;
- Ensure all appropriate documents related to Unclaimed Property are retained and filed orderly;
- Actively engage in problem solving and event planning;
- Coordinate unclaimed property claim events, which includes reviewing document requests, performing research, and attending meetings;
- Partner with state agencies and other government and public events;
- Exercise good judgement and maintain confidential information.
- Perform duties as assigned.
This position is exempt from the Civil Service Act.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Knowledge of Office of the State Treasurer's rules, procedures, and functions;
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Office of the State Treasurer, as well as other state government agencies, financial institutions and the general public;
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely to the State Treasurer and to the public, either individually or to groups in a classroom setting on with varied levels of understanding unclaimed property laws;
- Knowledge of computer software applications including Microsoft Excel and Word applications;
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving skills (both in verbal and written communication)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Knowledge of modern office equipment, practices, and procedures;
- Ability to prioritize duties;
- Have a strong initiative to work independently, yet collaborate with others to gain information, understanding, and perspective;
- Participate in strategic planning efforts that include prioritization and coordinating of events measurable program outcomes and capacity building strategies.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBILITY
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information visit http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus/workbenefits.aspx. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Applications (consisting of a letter of interest and resume) must be submitted online at (http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus) or sent via hard copy or email to:
State Treasurer Josh Haeder
Attn: Anissa Grambihler
500 East Capitol Avenue Ste. 212
Pierre, SD 57501
Equal Opportunity Employer